CONCEPTION, Mo. (November 19, 2019) — Conception Abbey and Tri-C Partners 4 Progress are planning once again to help families in northwest Missouri in need during this year’s celebration of #GivingTuesday, occurring this year on December 3, 2019. #GivingTuesday is a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities, and organizations to encourage philanthropy to kick off the holiday giving season following the widely recognized shopping events of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
This year’s #GivingTuesday event at Conception Abbey will begin at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 3, in the St. Raphael Welcome Center, on the campus of Conception Abbey. Seven local families have been adopted, and the Abbey and Tri-C Partners 4 Progress are currently seeking donations of items and financial contributions to help make the holiday season a little brighter from them and others in need.
Here is how you can help:
- Bring an item to donate to a family in need (adult & children’s clothing, gifts cards, toys, cash).
- Help decorate a Christmas tree that will be given to our adopted families.
- Bring nonperishable food items or personal hygiene items to donate to our local food banks.
- Help us gift wrap donated items.
- Bring baby items for area mothers that are in need of assistance.
- Help us decorate ornaments for the trees.
- Help us make hand-tie fleece blankets and stuff teddy bears for our adopted families.
- Send a Christmas card to those alone or without family during the holiday season.
- Bring stocking stuffer items for children of all ages and adults.
To find out more details about the needs of the adopted families or to make a financial contribution to Conception Abbey’s #GivingTuesday campaign, visit https://www.conceptionabbey.org/monastery/givingtuesday/. Donated items and contributions may be dropped off at Conception Abbey through Monday, December 9.
During the evening’s festivities, the Conception Gift Shop will be open, cookies and cocoa will be provided, and there will be music to get you in the spirit of the season. If you can’t join us for the event, you can still support our partners and us throughout the year. Plus, the event will be broadcast in partnership with KAAN Radio 95.5 FM.
If you would like more information or you or your organization would like to sponsor the event, contact Trish Wiederholt at (660) 944-2958 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PHOTOS: The photo above is of the Jefferson C-123 students who arrived early to help with #GivingTuesday 2019. Click here to view last year’s photos on Facebook.