Maryville City Council Notes

Maryville City Council Notes from Monday June 12th:

–Council approved completion of three new signs to the entrance of the city on Highway 71 to the north and south and Highway 136 to the east to recognize the Northwest Missouri State basketball team this past year for their national championship.  Northwest will cover the expense of these signs in an amount of over $1,500 ($520 X 3 = $1,560).

–Council approved an agreement with Maryville R-2 Schools for the upcoming year to supply a School Resource Officer.  Maryville R-2 Schools will pay for 75% of this salary, the remaining 25% the city will pay as employment under the Mozingo Lake Patrol Division.

–Council approved to execute a contract with Micro-Comm, INC for SCADA Improvements at the Maryville Water Treatment Plant.  This amount is not to exceed $7,500.

–Council approved to execute a contract with White Cloud Engineering & Construction, INC for the College Avenue Waterline Project.  The amount is not to exceed $93,333.  This project will service the Hughes Family Center at Northwest Missouri State.

–The Nodaway County Fair will run from July 11th-16th on the downtown square.  The Pickup Country KNIM Country Showdown Finals will be Friday of that week.

–The City renewed their agreement with Wells Bank of Maryville for another year to serve as their banking partner (August 1st, 2017 through July 31st, 2018).

–Ground breaking for the multi-purpose Hughes Family Center on the Northwest campus will be Thursday at 10:30.

–Due to weather, Asphalt Mill & Overlay for 2017 has been postponed again to begin next Monday June 19th.  The entire project is expected to take three weeks to complete.

–Buchanan Street is scheduled to reopen Thursday morning.   The street has been closed due to an unsafe building adjacent to the road.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

two × one =